Indoor soccer shoes are available in different brands and styles. Their designs are also based on different technologies. Additionally, they come in various sizes, making it easy for wide- and narrow-footed soccer players to make their choices. Wrong sized soccer shoes will affect your performance, and poor performance can cost you your career as a soccer player.
Right choice of indoor soccer shoes is contributory to the success of indoor soccer players, like Andrew Hoxie, Ricky Greensfelder, Lucas Roque, etc. You need to have the right gear for a comfortable soccer experience, and this is why this write-up has been put together: to show you the dos and don’ts to remember when looking for the best wide indoor soccer shoes. At the end of this write-up, you would have been adequately informed about how best to shop for wide indoor soccer shoes.
What are the important factors to consider when buying soccer shoes for wide feet? Check below for some of these factors.
Quick Comparison of Best Wide Indoor Soccer Shoes
Synthetic or leather
Synthetic soccer shoes are great, but they are not as good as leather soccer shoes. So, you should always choose a pair of soccer shoes made from leather for longevity and durability. Synthetic wide soccer shoes are not adequately elastic, according to thesportbro.com. Consequently, they can cause blisters and serious discomfort to the wearers. On the other hand, a leather material is natural and stretches easily. It can, therefore, mold to the shape of the foot; this will improve comfort and also optimize the way you play. Such shoes will fit snugly to the feet and keep accidents at bay. The leather shoe is very easy to maintain; just keep it soft and dry at all times. Wide indoor soccer shoes made of synthetic materials can get damaged easily, but the reverse is the case with those made of leather.
Furthermore, leather is the best for those who do not fit into soccer shoes regularly. The Adidas Copa Municipal is a very good example of leather soccer shoes. Leather shoes can still stretch even in the presence of a foam support cage since the stretching abilities are never hindered by the foam.
Touch, speed, and control
Aside from the material, you should also consider the level of control, speed, and touch offered by the soccer shoes. The best wide indoor soccer shoes must be comfortable and well fitting. The traditional leather heritage styled boots fit this profile, making them the best to buy. Such soccer shoes improve control and speed, enabling you to navigate the field of play easily.
Furthermore, look for a pair of soccer shoes that gives you freedom of movement. The boot must also be very light to improve control, speed, and touch.
The brand is another factor to consider when shopping for the best wide indoor soccer shoes. Many brands of wide indoor soccer shoes are available today and can confuse many individuals buying wide indoor soccer shoes for the first time. Individuals having wide feet should steer clear of many Adidas boots since they rarely stretch adequately and are usually narrower. Experience has shown that Nike soccer shoes are generally uncomfortable for wide-footed individuals; though the designs are impressive. You should, however, avoid them except you want to sacrifice your comfort for sexy design.
The right fit
The boot must not be too long when worn. You should test it before you place your money on it; this is why you should buy the shoes from a brick and mortar outlet instead of an online outlet. When buying the shoes, go for a slightly tight pair; this is because leather tends to stretch and soften over time. You should also avoid soccer shoes like Nike Magista Obra/Opus; they may look nice, but they are narrow and can only fit moderately-sized feet. However, individuals with wide feet will find the Nike Hypervenom Phantom III and III DF a perfect choice, according to soccercleats101.com. Excessively tight soccer shoes may end up giving you irritating feelings in your feet.
You should always consider the return policies of the manufacturer/ sales outlet when looking for the best wide indoor soccer shoes. The return policies on the shoe can be in various forms as highlighted below:
- Exchange only: The sales outlet or manufacturer can offer you a replacement for the unacceptable wide indoor soccer shoes. The replacement almost always has equivalent value with the returned pair.
- Store credit: The store or manufacturer can offer you credit for the pair of wide indoor soccer shoes you have purchased. The credit is usually of the same value as the pair of soccer shoes you returned. The shipping cost is, however, not included most times.
- All sales final: This is more or less an as-is policy and it is more in support of the manufacture or sales outlet than the customer.
- Complete refund: The store/manufacturer returns your money once you indicate disinterest in the shoes after purchase. The store will also refund your processing fees if you made the purchase via credit card.
Do not purchase the wide indoor soccer shoes without asking about the manner of return policy. You are better off with either the exchange only or complete refund policy.
5 Best-rated wide indoor soccer shoes
Our Ratings: (4.4 / 5)
This shoe is made especially for frozen pitches and has an inspirational effect on the wearers due to its solid build and durable stance. It comes with overlays and the trademark contrasting 3-stripes. Also, the outsole is made of pivot-point rubber and ensures very strong grip on the ground. Its upper part is covered by sleek-looking suede and also covered by soft leather. This is among the best ever produced by Adidas since they began operation in 1920.
- Its legendary state further promotes its popularity, making it sell faster than many others in its category
- Its pivot-point rubber outsole ensures very firm grip and ultimate control during games.
- It is also built for perfection.
- It is built with leather, making it a trustworthy wide indoor soccer shoe.
- The brand name in itself gives an assurance of quality.
- It is light in weight thanks to its die-cut EVA insole
- It costs less than $100.
- The prospective buyer will have to downsize by a size or two to get the proper fit.
- Some consider it to be too large.
- The white version lacks the Adidas logo underside of the tongue.
Our Ratings: (4.3 / 5)
PUMA brands are built to fuse fashion and lifestyle of the soccer player. It is one indoor soccer shoe that features virtually all the essential features required by any serious futsala player, which promotes top performance. It is made of a combination of natural suede and leather. And it offers a super soft feel and touch, bringing the ball closer to the player while playing. It is light in weight and makes movement very easy.
- It is made of a combination of textile and leather, which promotes durability and longevity.
- It has a very soft touch and designed to increase the feel of the ball on the feet.
- Additionally, it features rubber toe reinforcement for improved protection.
- The grip is also excellent, thanks to the new low-profile outsole that it features.
- The sockliner is lightweight and removable; this also improves comfort and cushioning.
- Its design is revolutionary and its technology is innovative.
- Its rubber sole improves grip and comfort.
- It is strong enough to bear the stress of a soccer game
- No lateral sliding
- Leather requires break in time.
Our Ratings: (4.1 / 5)
This is among the best wide indoor soccer shoes for good reasons. Its upper material is made of leather, which makes it a must buy for every soccer player having wide feet. It is made by Adidas, a household name in wide indoor soccer shoes manufacturing. According to thesportbro.com, it was first released in 1979 and has become a popular wide indoor soccer shoe.
- Its upper material is made of leather. Leather expands with time, making it the best for a soccer player with wide feet.
- It features a dual-density outsole, which increases its comfort
- It has an immeasurable durability, which further improves performance of the soccer player
- Its die-cut EVA insole makes it lightweight
- Soccer shoes feels natural when worn
- It manages to look stylish on your feet despite its old-fashioned design
- It had been around for up to 30 years, which gives an assurance of quality.
- Moreover, it has a great feel and designed to last for long.
- The design is not as expressive as the more recent models and brands.
- The most recent design has not been changed from what obtains in the first installation.
- The laces are a little tacky; they are old-school thick laces like the type found on workmen’s boot.
- Its design is not based on any of the modern-day technologies.
Our Ratings: (4 / 5)
Adidas F10 indoor soccer shoe is available as a synthetic indoor wide soccer shoe. Even at that, you will find it to be the perfect choice for your wide feet. According to podpost.us, it features a unique off-center lacing system that makes it more comfortable and roomier. Also, it features an improved outsole that makes it the perfect choice for barefoot kicking. Thanks to this design, the foot can bend without any limitation. The boot can also be used in virtually all weather conditions, despite being a synthetic pair of shoes.
- It is light in weight; it equally mixes top-line performance with comfort. Additionally, it is exclusively classy in design.
- The touch is great, same for the control.
- The upper part is smooth to the touch and removes any hindrance on the field of play
- It has an inner sock construction that gives the player a natural, uninterrupted and personal feel.
- It is easy to wear and provides a soft sensation that makes the player feel closer to the ball.
- Also, it features a lining treated with Agion; this keeps bacterial growth and odor at bay
- It equally has non-marking gum-rubber outsole for better durability.
- Furthermore, the ADAP-LITE an asymmetrical and upper lacing design, which improves its durability, as well as ball contact.
- It is synthetic in build, which can hamper its fit and longevity.
Our Ratings: (4 / 5)
It is stylishly designed. The look is timeless and it is built based on a modern technology. Fans have bombarded this boot with a lot of positive comments since it was first unveiled to the market. It has a mature look that many old players find irresistible. Additionally, it features a technologically advanced, modern and traditional look that makes it stand out. The quality makes it the perfect buy for any serious player in need of the best wide indoor soccer shoes. Moreover, it contends considerably with the Copa Mundial, though the latter is seen as the grandfather of boots.
- It is built for durability and comfort, which are essential features required for playing.
- It features a leather upper part that provides adequate cover for your feet, which puts it among the best wide indoor soccer shoes. The leather material molds easily and perfectly into the feet.
- It provides adequate flexibility for easy foot movement and improves the performance of the soccer player.
- The TPU outsole is light in weight. The insole board also provides a smooth transition when playing.
- It is affordable compared to other variants.
- It is high performing, timeless and classic in design.
- Can be bought for less than $100.
- Additionally, it features a modern nature that confers a fresh edge on it.
- It is relatively larger than many of the standard measurements. Therefore, a buyer needs to go down half a size to what he/she would wear normally for the right fit.
There you have it: the best wide indoor soccer shoes around! The tips and guidance provided in this write-up may not be all-inclusive, but they can sufficiently guide you in your search for top quality soccer boots that will fit your wide feet perfectly.