Last Updated: November 2018
There is a new player in town. The new Puma Future 18.1 Netfit landed right to the first spot. And all this happened thanks to it's innovative lacing system.
Quick Comparison of Soccer Cleats for Wide Feet
1. Puma Future 18.1 Netfit
Full review here.
- Netfit lacing Technology allows to create individual fit and feel
- Short Break in time
- Comfortable and feels natural out of the box
- Limited spots to run the lacing system through
- A bit rigid upper material
- Accufoam improves ball control
- Extra Wide soccer cleats!
- Easy and fast break in
- Little loose ankle collar
- Evo Sock construction
- Really spacious toe box
- Easy and fast break in
- Heel can cause blisters
- Two-piece upper system
- Covered laces
- TechFit Collar
- Snug fit through the midfoot and ankle
Nike Magista Opus 2 is also a brilliant choice for you. Instead of the Flyknit on the Obra 2, Opus 2 comes with a super soft synthetic top which will stretch a lot. If you give it some time and love on the football pitch. Magista is the first Nike soccer cleats for wide feet and just deserves to be here.
- Flyknit upper increases friction with the ball
- Dynamic fit collar
- Spacious toe box
- Difficult to air-out after play
- Very accommodating kangaroo leather upper
- Fits even widest foot
- No modern features
Which Soccer Cleats Run Wide? Quick Comparison
How to Check if I have Wide Foot?Everybody has differently shaped foot. It is probably one of the most varied body parts that we have. So it's really up to you to figure out what shape your foot actually is. The fastest way to know if you have wide feet is to ask yourself a question - Do you regularly have trouble fitting into shoes? Not just soccer shoes but regular shoes in general. If you're buying shoes and you fit into them perfectly every single time. You do not have wide feet. If you find yourself not fitting into regular shoes. Driving to specialty shoe stores to buy double or triple pairs of wide shoes then that's generally a good sign that you actually do have wide feet.
Widest Foot Point?One other thing to take note of is where is your foot at its widest point? A wide mid-foot generally restricts what shoes are you going to fit in more than for example of wide heel will. Wide heel doesn't mean all that much but if you have a really wide mid-foot or a really wide forefoot that changes up your options as far as soccer cleats go.
Flat-footed?Another thing to take note is are you flat-footed? If you do have flat foot generally you are going to have a little bit wider feet. Personally I would say semi flat foot or slightly flat-footed but not too broad. And other than that go with regular foot size.
Proper Soccer Cleat Size?One of the major things when it comes to getting the proper size out of your soccer shoe or determine whether or not you have a wide foot is - a lot of people don't actually realize what size they need and how their soccer shoes should fit. I've made a separate guide on this here. Really go check it out if you don't know how your soccer shoes should fit.A lot of people are wearing their shoes way too big and that's why they're not able to get a good fit out of their shoes. One major rule that you need to live by when you're buying soccer shoes is - Don't force your foot into a shoe that doesn't the right size or shape. It's very important to buy soccer cleats that suits you properly if you’re for example a size 9 us and pretty much every cleat you try fits perfectly in the length but it's too narrow for you. You should absolutely not go half a size up and just say - okay now the width is okay but the cleats little bit too long. That's not acceptable. If you don't fit in your regular size you should never size up into a soccer shoe. Instead pick a different model that fits you properly in your proper shoe size.
Guide to Buying Soccer Shoes for Wide Feet
- Only buy from trusted online merchants or web stores
- Consider the return policies of available online stores
- Compare the prices
- Ensure you safely store the receipts in case something goes amiss
- Examine the customer reviews of the store
Selecting Wide Cleats According to DesignThough there are soccer cleats for the precise foot size, things you control include the collars, laces, and color of soccer cleats. These factors are crucial if you have a thing for aesthetics and also if you desire to match the cleats to your team’s uniform.Keep in mind the way you want your cleats to look is up to you and your preference. A lot of brands provide cleats which are color customizable, allowing you to embrace personal creativity. There are many designs so you can choose from.The collars offer protection of the ankle and snugly fit your feet however it depends on you if you need them.The lace is an element that is most customizable in the shoe since it ensures the shoes are intact and snug. Also, it adds to the element of art.
What to Consider When Selecting Soccer Shoes for Wide FeetMany cleat types assist in your style of playing, therefore it is crucial to know the way you play prior to getting a pair. Additionally, the pitch kind which used to play is vital as well since some of the cleats offer better service on certain pitches, for example, grounds or turfs.It is a challenge for players with wide foot to get the right cleat that suits well, that is why you will get various products available in the market specifically made for such players. Be careful not all of them are good.Moreover, player’s soccer boots should have the upper material made of leather to allow elasticity. These soccer shoes have to be comfy and fit the user perfectly. It is known that wearing the wrong size will impact your performance especially if they are too tight.The stud’s quality is crucial since the material’s performance differs when using the boots on the hard or soft surfaces. Getting the precise soccer cleat is vital to avoid injury while playing. At the moment, you might think selecting wide cleats is a difficult experience, but in this section, you will get the necessary information for it.
How to Select Soccer Boot Size OnlinePurchasing various cleats from multiple brands may prove tricky. Brands and manufacturers have different models and their sizes differ in from the regular sizing. The wrong size of shoes will impact on your performance which is crucial in this sport.In online purchase ensure you conduct broad research prior to buying since the size could be different from the expected one.Also, examine the size reviews and the return policies to get to know what you are expecting from the order.
Most Suitable Materials that Mold to Your FeetThe top section of normal soccer cleats consists of synthetic material or leather. But for players with wide feet, the upper kangaroo leather is a better recommendation since they mold to the feet, enabling the shoe to be comfortable and maximising how you play.You have to consider the importance of comfortable shoes in your feet. They have to fit snugly on your feet to avoid injuries.
What are Soccer Cleats Types for Wide Feet?The soccer cleats feature multiple styles made for different field position. Keeping in mind, you will find out there are soccer cleats available in the market which caters to broad feet needs. The soccer cleats could be low-cut, mid-cut or high-top:
- The low-cut: are majorly used by players in search of light materials. The low-cuts allow the player to run while in the field.
- Mid-cuts: are suited for defensive backs, wingers and right backs because they feature support and manoeuvrability.
- High-tops: is suited for the forwards because of their ankle extension, which offers support in lateral movements.
- The detachable cleats feature high versatility because they are interchangeable meaning you can use them on any type of pitch. Since studs allow replacing, you can modify the cleats to suit the pitch you are intending to use. However, the detachable cleats are costlier than the molded ones.
- Molded soccer cleats are majorly used in turf pitches because they offer better traction. They additionally feature a harder grip since they are permanently fixed to your shoe outsole.
How to Maintain Wide Soccer CleatsThe usual stress when playing soccer is broken gear. The soccer cleat for broad foot, irrespective of how expensive it is, is prone to get damaged. The only thing that you can do is increase their lifespan by maintaining them in great shape. By doing this, you optimize its effectiveness. The following are some of the maintenance tips;
- The surface of the playing field will be a factor to consider. Using the cleats in the intended surface improves the durability of the cleats. Using the cleats intended for the soft ground on surfaces that are hard will affect the product ’s performance. Therefore, wearing shoes based on the surface is crucial.
- Loosing up the laces is beneficial to the cleat and you. Loosening laces on the second last eyelet and tightening on the last will prevent strain on the foot. This practice will also minimize the forefoot stress making the boot fit well on you. Also, when wearing the soccer cleats for the first time, ensure you loosen all the laces to the bottom eyelet and later tighten the shoe on to your feet. This allows the shoe to shape well around the mid-foot making the cleats wear like a glove.
- Ensure you use cleats that is similar to the shape of the foot. For broad feet, purchase leather cleats since they mold to your foot. This reduces pressure because the material stretches and offers comfort. Synthetic tops are recommended for narrow feet.
- Have more pairs than one. Although owning several cleats may be expensive, it will be beneficial since you reduce the possibility of cleat overuse.
- Stud replacement is also a crucial element in cleat maintenance. This is only possible in the detachable studs. Replacing the studs when they begin becoming uneven is a way of avoiding any injuries.
- Break in the cleats. Do exercises with new cleats prior to the anticipated match. This is important in the purchase of the new cleats. Practice with them or put them with the newspapers to break in on them minus damaging the shoe. Doing away with their original tightness will offer a more comfortable feel when the time to play in the main games comes.
- Also, ensure that you properly wash them with the right washing procedure and allow them to air dry prior to using them again. To clean the cleats, start with taking away the in-sole then the laces. You can wash both of them separately using water and soap. Allow drying before using them.
- To clean the uppers, mix cool water with hand soap or dish using a soft brush scrub your cleats with soapy water. Then wipe off soap residue using a wet cloth prior to cleaning the bottoms. Avoid submerging your cleats in the water this makes the cleats to crack once they dry.
- As you pack the soccer bag, include a putty knife or a popsicle stick. They will help with the cleat’s cleanliness in the game or while practicing. On muddy days, caked on mud will hinder performance and traction. A towel or toothbrush is also helpful.
- Only wear your cleats when you get to the field. Walking on to the field on hard surfaces may prompt wear and tear. Wear another pair to the field and keep the soccer cleats in the soccer bag.
- Never use the dryer to wash your cleats.